Why not try…
Herby Chicken Lasagne
You Will Need –
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 onion finely, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 50g plain flour
- 500g passata with onion and garlic
- 80g soft cheese
- 460g chicken breast fillet, cut into pieces
- 200g young leaf spinach
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets
- 30g lighter mature cheddar, grated
- 70g wild rocket leaves, to serve
Steps To Make Your Lasagne –
1. Oil your pan and cook your chicken. When cooked add in the onion and carrots, cook this for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add in the flour for the last 2 minutes and 1 tsp of tarragon.
3. Stir in the passata, then cook for 4-5 minutes. Stir through half the soft cheese, the chicken breast pieces and the spinach. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
4. Meanwhile, pour the milk into a small pan and set over a medium-low heat. Mix together the remaining flour with 3 tbsp water to form a paste. Just before the milk comes to a simmer, whisk in the paste, whisking continuously for 4-5 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining soft cheese.
5. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Spoon 1⁄3 of the chicken mixture into a 1½-litre baking dish, then top with lasagne sheets and a layer of white sauce. Continue layering the chicken mixture, sauce and lasagne sheets, finishing with a lasagne sheet topped with white sauce. Sprinkle over the grated cheese and remaining tarragon. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden. Serve with the rocket leaves.
For more recipes like this follow https://recipes.sainsburys.co.uk/recipes/herby-chicken-lasagne