Internet Safety For Early Years:
The internet and online technology provides many new opportunities for children’s learning and development.
Although in many ways online technology can be beneficial, there are many areas where we should take extra care with our little ones online.
Within the setting online procedures are put in place to keep children and staff safe and to teach them about online safety, in and outside of Nursery.
Here are a few of our top tips on keeping your little ones safe online and when using technology!
- Talk regularly! Speak to your child often about being safe and what to do when online. Speaking about it regularly can help children feel relaxed around the topic and comfortable with talking to you about any worries or concerns they may have.
- Manage the content your child can see and use through parental controls. Create content filters to block apps that may have inappropriate content for your child’s age.
- Regularly check through your child’s devices
- Manage the amount of time your child spends online and with games/apps
- Create content filters to block apps that may have inappropriate content
- Talk to your child about what they think is normal online and what behaviour to expect from others.
There are any brilliant resources you can use to teach your child about online safety! We like making this fun and relatable at Nursery through stories, interactive games and circle times.
Here is a great story you can find on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5VOhFVCF2E&t=4s