Let’s try a new recipe! Here is one of our favourites!
Italian broccoli & salmon bake
You Will Need –
- 250g penne pasta
- 300g broccoli, cut into large florets
- 25g butter
- 25g plain flour
- 600ml milk
- 100g mascarpone
- 8 sundried tomatoes – thickly sliced
- 10 large fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 4 fresh skinless salmon fillets
- 50g mature cheddar, finely grated
Steps To Make Your Pasta Bake –
1. Boil your pasta for 6 minutes, then add the broccoli and cook for a further 4 minutes.
2. While the pasta is cooking, put the butter, flour and milk in a large pan and heat, whisking or stirring continuously, until it thickens to make a smooth sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in the mascarpone, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil, then add the pasta and broccoli and season well.
3. Halve the salmon fillets, then place the pieces in a single layer on the base of the ovenproof dish. Spoon the broccoli mixture on top, then scatter with the grated cheddar.
4. Bake for 30 minutes until the mixture is just starting to bubble round the edges and the mixture is pale golden
For more recipes like this follow https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/italian-broccoli-salmon-bake