Why is singing so important in Early Childhood?
Singing has many benefits in early childhood and has a great, positive impact on your little ones start in life.
Here are a few reasons why we encourage everyone to sing, as much as you can!
- Songs enable your child to be exposed to a wide variety of vocabulary and topics.
- Songs can be good for a child’s physical development as well as their emotional development. Singing encourages use of the respiratory muscles and optimises breathing.
- Movement songs and action rhymes can get children to use their gross motor skills!
- Singing helps improve brain development – It helps children use all aspects of their brain, encourages them to concentrate and will bring out their imagination and creativity which gets the brain working!
- Singing helps boost self confidence and self esteem
- Singing increases the release of feel good hormones, making your child happier!
- Research has shown that singing can help build your immune system! As it is an aerobic activity it draws more oxygen into our bodies and oxygenates our brains!